EIC, either directly or through the Export Inspection Agencies, its
field organizations, renders services
in the areas of:
- Certification of quality of export commodities through installation
of quality assurance systems (In-process Quality Control and Self-Certification) in the
exporting units as well as consignment-wise inspection.
- Certification of quality of food items for export through
installation of Food Safety Management Systems in the food processing units as per international standards.
- Issue of different types of Certificates such as Health, Authenticity etc. to
exporters under various product schemes for export.
- Issue of Certificates of Origin to exporters under various preferential tariff schemes for export products.
- Laboratory testing services.
and technical assistance to the industry in installation of Quality
and Safety Management Systems based on principles of Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Point (HACCP), ISO-9001: 2000, ISO: 17025 and other related international
standards, laboratory testing etc.
- Recognition of Inspection Agencies as per ISO 17020 and Laboratories
as per ISO 17025 and utilizing them for export inspection and testing.
- In rendering the above services, EIAs are backed by qualified technical
manpower, having nearly forty years of diversified experience of quality control and inspection
of notified commodities including their testing as per international standards/importing
countries’ standards or the foreign buyers’ specifications.